Monday, January 19, 2009

CBC's corporate takeover


I watched CBC newsworld this morning, and I wasn't aware that Tim Hortons had bought our national broadcaster. I joke of course, but I thought it funny, that there on the desk in plain sight for all Canadians to see, well all Canadians who were watching CBC newsworld, was a cup of Tim Hortons. While Coleen and Heather talked about Markets, sports , Obama etc., there it was, center of frame, Tim Hortons.

Now don't get me wrong, I was drinking out of my own tims mug, but my first thought was, nice free advertising, my second was poor Robins Donuts, my third was, if this had been a cup of starbucks, CBC would have been raked over the coals for daring to show this product on air.

Look, I don't think there is anything sinister about it, I found it funny, and to be honest, comforting, it was familiar. But I bet someone is fuming about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment