Monday, January 19, 2009

Harper senate appointee and the missing cash

I woke up, looked out my window, and wanted to go back to bed. Snow, rain, wind, blah. I did get up though, I should have gone with my first instinct and stayed in bed, cause my eyes and brain were about to get a kick.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090119.wbrazeau17/BNStory/politics/home

The globe and mail is running a story today. If you have read my blog in the last few weeks, you will be aware of my fury at the recent appointment to the senate of a man accused of sexual harassment, drinking on the job and unfairly dismissing staff. This Harper appointee was the head of a group, tax payer funded group, that spent more than a quarter of a Million, roughly $260,000 of Canadians tax dollars, and has no proof where it went. They claim they paid people to be at board meetings, but there is little to no evidence that any of this work was done, more or less they paid people, no doubt friends and colleagues, for little or no work.

Maybe Harpers genius was in putting him in the Senate, now Mr. Brazeau can't oversee such a waste of taxpayers money. Unless of course you consider the fact that we have to pay this 34 year old man, a bare minimum of $122,000 roughly, for the next 41 years a waste of money, which I do.

Harper has been completely silent on this. Could you imagine if Chretien had appointed a 34 year old to the Senate, guaranteed him a rich mans salary for 41 years, and tried to ignore the fact he/she is tied up in scandal and controversy surrounding hundreds of thousands of taxpayers dollars, Harper and his reform/alliance bunch would have screamed bloody murder.

Harper has taken an ends justify the means approach. I am not certain this massive abuse of taxpayers money can ever be forgiven, or should be. Shame on our Prime Minister.

No comments:

Post a Comment