Friday, January 9, 2009

Joe the Pumber, now a war correspondent!!!

Joe the plumber, made famous because of his uneducated attempt to embarrass then candidate Obama, and praised by the right wing media ( Fox news) as a political wizard and common man, is now a war correspondent. No joke, read this if you need to see it to believe it.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ifkn8yQXgPnDHKzwHgre1CdU69qwBut

I am never shocked at the lengths American media empires will go to to exploit any situation. No offense to Joe. He may be a nice enough guy, hard working, etc., but he is a plumber, not a reporter. Don't get me wrong, plumbing is a noble, skilled, and often well payed career. I have friends who are plumbers and I have nothing but respect and a little jealousy for their career. Think about it, no matter how bad the economy gets we all need to use plumbing in some way shape or form, we don't stop using water. But I digress.

My point is when my pipes burst, I call a plumber. When war breaks out and I look for news, I look for a war correspondent. Joe is the former, not the latter.

If he chooses to go to school, study to become a journalist and gain some experience in the field, then Joe the plumber can be Joe the reporter. But not now. When Fox asked him how he was preparing, he said, and I am not directly quoting, but basically that he was watching the news, and keeping informed on the issues.
Well, I know lots of people who read papers each day, both print and online. Watch the TV news throughout the day and are well read. They hold jobs like IT consultant, hairstylist, bartender, teacher. They don't report on the conflicts in the Middle East, but they are stars in their fields.

Good luck Joe, it's a dangerous place, stay safe, and for goodness sake, if you see some broken or leaky pipes, put down your note pad and pencil,pick up some tools, use your great skills, as a plumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment