Saturday, January 24, 2009

Spains Lottery Genius

For those who don't know about it, here is an article that describes what I am talking about;
http://www.live-pr.com/en/el-gordo-delivers-big-winnings-to-r1048252319.htm
Now my idea is a little different than theirs , but bare with me.
I think this idea needs to come to Canada now. I play the lottery, not always, but a few times a month. A straw poll of my friends, some who play religiously, some like I do, and some less than most. They all agreed, they wouldn't really change their habits if we adopted a more broad award system. The basic theory is this, if the jackpot is at $43 million, like it is now, the 6/49 folks award lets say for arguments sake 100 top prizes, $43 million divided by 100 is $430,000. I think if 100 people could win that, it tops 1 or 2 splitting it, even if you awarded 50 top prizes, then it's $860,000. I know the argument is you win less, so it's less appealing, I would agree, but would guess, unscientifically of course, that die hard players still would play, some may quit, but other new players may start buying because of the increased odds. Look, I admit, $43 million would be amazing, but so would $430, 000. If i wasn't happy with the smaller amount, I don't deserve any.

No comments:

Post a Comment